Lucknow, India

I was pretty impressed by Renaissance by Marriott hotel in Lucknow. Though I like Vivanta by Taj, our old layover hotel, this new one right next to Vivanta holds a modern luxury and contemporary comfort for everyone. 

05:00 First thing in the morning today, I was in the gym sweating out. I wanted to swim in the pool afterwards but it's not open until 12 noon. And I'd rather not since the pool is next to the Skybar where people would be enjoying their drinks with the view of the infinity pool.

07:00 Breakfast at L-14 All Day Dining

breakfast with this scenic view of Lucknow's landscape
08:00 Off I went for a quick sightseeing tour. I started at St. Joseph Cathedral School. The church was closed but the guard led me to a chapel. I was saying prayers and at the same time, I couldn't stop looking at every child who entered that mini prayer area- small Indian school children who said their prayers, too, touching the statues. 

These three sweet girls approached me as soon as I made it past the gate, telling me I was pretty. Ahaha.. They asked me where I am from. When I told them I'm from the Philippines, they all nodded. I wonder if they know which part of the world I come from. 
a few of them gathered in front of me wanting to be captured in my camera, too..
Next, the hotel driver took me to Bara Imambara, a grand Shia Muslim congregation hall, built in 1784. 

a spacious lawn after entering the gate of Imambara
a simple reward I got after passing through a complicated network of paths which were built to serve as confusion to enemy intruders before.. with my guide, it wasn't difficult to find my way out.. :) 
Lucknow's Clock Tower
Those were the places I visited for now. I hope I could go to other sightseeing spots here next time. Upon arriving back to the hotel, I took some nap, ate my lunch and prepared for a flight back to base.