February 6, 2016

When I reached the Check Hostess to check in back from flight yesterday, I once again check my rank for the out of kingdom base and surprisingly, I'm on 103rd. I started from 200 something for more than 500 girls applying for Manila base. I opened my days off from Feb 6- 11, that must be the reason why my ranking improved. It's still a long run. Now, I'm thinking about applying for First Class since most girls say it has an advantage over the regular flying FAs. Whoa! I don't know when I'll have the guts to finally send an email to my supervisor about my interest. 

Today, I had the chance to cook Binagoongang Manok (Chicken in Salted Shrimp Paste), again. This time it is much way better than the first time I tried. :)

Here's how from a combination of two recipes I got online.

Ingredients:

1/2 kilo chicken breast (cut into medium size cubes)
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup pre- sauteed salted shrimp paste
3 cloves minced garlic
1 large onion chopped
cooking oil
2-3 pcs bay leaf
1 tsp crushed pepper corns
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
salt

Preparation:
1. Saute the salted shrimp paste with some garlic and onions.
2. In a separate pan, stir- fry the chicken breast until slightly golden brown then set aside.
3. Using the same cooking oil from #2, saute the rest of the garlic and onion.
4. Add the chicken breast and saute for a few minutes.
5. Add the shrimp paste.
6. Add some water to prevent the chicken breast from drying up.
7. After two minutes, add the coconut milk.
8. Add the vinegar and sugar, bay leaf and pepper corns, and salt to taste.

I didn't have an actual coconut milk so I used milk powder boiled in water. One can also add chopped tomatoes and green chili. 

16:30 Pick- up. I'm thankful for almost 4 hours added to my flying time by opening my day off. Way to go! :)