February 4, 2016

09:30 Breakfast at the Feast. I ordered for Cheese Masala Dosa. It's now my favorite part of breakfast during India layovers.

12:00 Thirty minutes at the Sheraton Fitness Gym

18:00 April and I went to Orion Mall to have a look at some stores on sale. We stopped by Zara and I was amazed at the ongoing discounts. I was able to buy a red sweater for only 590INR. I noticed that their clothes are made in Bangladesh. No wonder! Even regular priced items have lower price tags compared to other countries. 

We also went to the bookshop. I bought The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I only read one book by him entitled The Devil and Miss Prym. I quite didn't like it so I didn't go far reading his other books. I've got his other book Eleven Minutes but I haven't read it yet. A lot of people love reading his books. I will try reading his stories again, by trying out this book I recently got from the bookstore. The Alchemist will be next to my reading list after Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult. I stopped reading Picture Perfect and only resumed reading when I finished Reflections of a Man by Mr. Amari Soul. 

I was dying to read Mr. Amari Soul's book so I've put Picture Perfect down. :) Reflections of a Man is such a good read.

"Reflections Of A Man is a book designed for both men and women to enhance the quality of their personal relationships. For the women, it encourages you to recognize the true value of your love, to reevaluate your standards and to make the decision that you will no longer settle for anything less than someone who loves you, respects you, and truly makes you happy. For the men, this book will not only encourage you to learn more about the emotional needs of a woman, but it will provide you with clear insight into what a woman truly needs from you, emotionally, to be happy. Through beautiful words of poetry, powerful quotes and advice full of wisdom, Mr. Amari Soul creates a truly enlightening experience for both men and women with Reflections Of A Man. On one hand, women gain a new perspective on the true value of their love, raise their standards and refuse to settle. On the other hand, men become better equipped to, not only understand a woman’s emotional needs, but they are better able to meet or exceed their new standards as well."

19:30 Dinner at Zaffran


I'm so lucky to have April as my flying partner on this month of February. I could say she's an answered prayer because I've been asking God for signs or answers to a dilemma in one of my life's aspects now. I knew her since I joined my first beauty pageant during my teenage years. She was one of the judges in a college beauty contest in Intramural's. I knew her because she used to join big beauty pageants in Leyte. Now this makes me remember the times I started joining contests too right after winning that school event. I went to towns especially places celebrating their fiesta. I'd compete with other girls from different towns. I also joined contests in my own town too and even barangay competitions. Haha! In most times, I was alone with my make- up artist. In some cases, my family would watch me onstage. The biggest event I joined was something unforgettable. I actually fainted in front of a big crowd. Everything went blurry, I fell on my knees and the next thing I knew, I was being carried by a bunch of people backstage. I was conscious but very pale and weak, I couldn't manage to open my mouth and everything else on my system just gave up working. I just lied down there, incapable of competing for the rest of the evening. 

Well, that's what happens in competitions. It's like life. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And rarely, you literally become breathless and fall. Haha :D

April is such a sweet woman with a kind heart. We are the same age but I look up to her. It's only our first layover together but I've learned so many things from her about life and relationships. She's a married woman for almost 4 years and from her stories, she seem to be surrounded with people who continuously give her counsels about her married life. She's full of positive energy and nothing comes out of her except for either funny things that will make me laugh or good things that will make me think and reflect about my own life. She told me to never listen to other people whose intentions are to break apart a relationship. She never runs out of good advice. Other people appearing into lives of two people not only happens when they are girlfriends and boyfriends. It happens when they are engaged. It happens few days before their wedding. It even happens when they're married. It depends on how strong their love and support is to one another if they'll allow other people to break them. 

We enjoyed our Indian dinner over a few tears that we both shed but more laughter. Thank you Lord God, for an answered prayer. :)